Las Vegas for DummieseBook - 2009
Las Vegas can be classy or tacky, cheesy or a bit sleazy, and it's always entertaining. Get ready to cruise the hot spots, test your luck at the casinos, shop the upscale boutiques, take in the spectacular shows, hit the swinging dance clubs, or escape from the glitz and neon and take in natural wonders on refreshing day trips. This guide gives you insider info on where to go and what to do, with great advice on how to:
- Find the best casinos and play the most popular games
- Stroll the strip, where you can watch a volcano explode, see the ancient Pyramids, and explore New York, Paris, Rome, and Venice
- Dine on delicacies prepared by celebrity chefs such as Joel Robuchon at the Mansion (in the MGM Grand) or Emeril Lagasse at Table 10 (in the Palazzo), load up at buffets like Paris, Le Village Buffet (in the Paris Hotel), or split a sub at Capriotti's
- Take in spectacular entertainment from Cirque de Soleil, Blue Man Group, Penn & Teller, and many more
- Enjoy performances by big-name stars like Celine Dion or catch the classic topless Vegas revue, Jubilee!
- See shows like the magnificent Bellagio Water Fountains, hang out with dolphins at Mirage's Dolphin Habitat, or tour the inimitable Liberace Museum
Like every For Dummies travel guide, Las Vegas For Dummies, Fifth Edition includes:
- Down-to-earth trip-planning advice
- What you shouldn't miss — and what you can skip
- The best hotels and restaurants for every budget
- Lots of detailed maps
You'll even find a time-saving "Quick Concierge" section with key phone numbers, addresses, and handy how-to's for getting around so you won’t miss a minute of the Vegas action!