A Woman's Guide to Menopause & PerimenopauseBook - 2005
Menopause specialist Dr. Mary Jane Minkin, nationally known not only for her expertise but also for her approachability, answers all the questions about menopause that women want—and need—to ask their health care providers. Dr. Minkin presents scientifically grounded information, explained helpfully and in a non-judgmental manner.
Among the topics included in this volume:
• Hormone replacement therapy, its pros and cons
• Controlling the symptoms of PMS
• Treatments for menopause-related hot flashes, insomnia, and depression
• Menopause and sexuality
• Preventing and detecting cancer of the reproductive organs
• Healthy lifestyle choices for menopausal women
• What the Women’s Health Initiative study findings really mean
Baker & Taylor
Provides valuable new information on menopause and how women should approach it in a handbook that offers sound guidance for women dealing with the physical and emotional health issues surrounding menopause, covering such topics as hormone relacement therapy, PMS, treatments for the symptoms of menopause, osteoporosis, cancer prevention, and sexuality. Original.