My Google ChromebookBook - 2011
Presents information on using a Google Chromebook, covering such topics as using Chrome OS, networking, using external storage, browsing the Web, using Chrome Apps, working in the cloud, printing, and security.
My Google Chromebook brings together all the expert advice and easy, step-by-step know-how you’ll need to make the most of your new Google Chromebook —in no time! Chromebooks are laptop computers that are entirely based on Google Chrome OS, cloud-based OS that is a radical departure from traditional Windows and Mac OSes. Because of its web-based nature, using a Chromebook and the Chrome OS is quite a bit different from using a traditional notebook PC and Microsoft Windows. To get the most use out of your new Chromebook, you need to become familiar with how cloud computing works - as well as all the ins and outs of your new Chromebook. You’ll find all that and more here!
This full-color, fully-illustrated book simplifies even the trickiest of tasks. You’ll find step-by-step instructions with callouts to photos that show you exactly what to do. Coverage includes quickly setting up your Chromebook, logging in, and getting productive. You’ll master Google’s web-centric Chrome OS and you’ll learn to reliably connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, 3G, or even Ethernet.
You’ll also learn how to:
· Monitor 3G usage to avoid costly overages
· Manage files stored on the web or your own flash drives
· Play and edit online media
· Browse and search the Web
· Discover great new Chrome extensions and Apps for fun, family, and social networking
· Safely share your Chromebook with other users
· Work with free or low-cost web-based productivity tools
· Configure Chromebook for more security, privacy, performance, and battery life
· Save time with built-in shortcuts
· Troubleshoot and recover from problems